Packing a suitcase for a trip is an art as well as science. You can’t bring everything, so a little planning helps to negotiate the stress and make sure you’ll have everything you need for a trip. Learn to make the right decisions about what to bring, how to keep it organized, and how to make it all fit.
First, pick a bag that’s just right for your vacation.
And if you have a long layover or a connecting flight in a large airport, opt for a bag with wheels. Carrying your stuff for hours just isn’t fun.
Weekender Bags – It is used for 1-3 Days of trip.
Carry-on Bags – it is used for 3-14 days of trip.
Extended Trip – it is used for more than 2 weeks.
And don’t over-pack it.
Avoid packing heavy things that you can buy at your destination. For one, the extra weight can bump a carry-on bag into checked luggage territory. Also, it’ll take up space for a few smaller things that you would get more use out of.
Learn how to fit everything into your suitcase.
• Rolling up your clothes is crucial. It saves space and can prevent items from getting wrinkled.
• Place heavier items like shoes along walls of luggage, jackets and other bulkier items are also good to place at the bottom of your suitcase.
• Rolled jeans and pants should be placed on the top of heavy items.
• Lighter items such as rolled sweaters and shorts should be placed on top of pants.
• Rolled items such as dresses, t-shirts and shirts should be placed on top of lighter items.
• Cosmetics bags and toiletries items are last and should be placed on tops of these items.
If you’re backpacking, learn how to distribute your pack weight like a pro.
Place heavy items like food, water, and cook sets closest to your back for strain-proof support.